No articles are currently available.
Summer Safety - Biking
The following is taken from the California Department of Motor Vehicles:
- Maintain control of your bicycle.
- Protect yourself, wear a properly fitted helmet.
- Be visible and alert. Increase your visibility with bright colored clothes.
- Use hand signals before making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
- Ride with traffic - the same direction. This makes your more visible to drivers entering roads or changing lanes.
- Keep a lookout for hazards such as potholes, gravel, broken glass, and drainage grates.
- Ride far enough away from parked vehicles to avoid being hit by an opening door.
- Obey traffic signs and signals.