Travel Consultations and recommended travel vaccinations are available at Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) during our Monday-Friday hours, with some Saturday appointments available.
Based upon your destination, a provider will:
- determine what vaccines or medication you may need. (Vaccination requirements and recommendations for foreign travel are based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC))
- identify emergency care in the destination country
- provide an up-to-date country-specific packet
To schedule a consultation:
- Online via My BuckMD (select Travel Consultation for the appointment reason)
- By Phone with Advice/Appointments (614) 292-4321
- In Person with Advice Appointments
**Be sure to indicate your destination to allow materials to be prepared in advance
What to bring to the consultation:
- up-to-date vaccination records
- current medications
- recommendations from tour organizers
- Food and waterborne diseases are the number one cause of illness in travelers.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Drink only bottled/boiled water, or carbonated drinks in cans or bottles, without ice.
- Eat only cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself.
- Boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it.
- Don't handle animals.
- Don't swim in freshwater, salt water is usually safer.
- Protect yourself from insects by remaining in screened areas, using insect repellent, and wearing long sleeves and pants.
- To prevent fungal and parasitic infections, do not go barefoot.
- Carry a backup supply of your prescription medications with you on your trip.
- Be sure you are up-to-date on your vision, dental, and medical exams before leaving.
Please visit U.S. Department of State for up-to-date travel advisories and information regarding specific countries.