International Students (F-1/J-1 Student VISA) who are new to The Ohio State University are required to complete all applicable components of the Vaccination Requirement.
The third component - New International Student - will be evaluated to determine the student's risk of tuberculosis infection. Those students who have been identified as having a risk will be notified by secure message through MyBuckMD and will be required to attend a Health Screen appointment.
The Health Screen appointment is completed by Student Life Student Health Services (SLSHS) and includes:
- Health status review
- Tuberculosis Testing
On the day of your Health Screen Appointment:
- Eat regular meals
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Dress in clothing that allows easy access to your arms
- Bring your BuckID
- Bring health records, including:
- Previous health screens
- Tuberculosis testing
- Chest x-rays
Health Screen Results:
The results of your health screen will be available within 3-10 days. Results are available:
- Online via My BuckMD, a secure message will be sent with your results. Check your email for notification of the secure message.
- By Phone or Email
Interpretting Your Results:
- Negative Results: If your results are negative, your health screen is complete. No further action is required.
- Positive Results: If your results are positive, you will need to:
- Come to SLSHS for a chest x-ray. No appointment is required.
- Schedule an appointment following your x-ray to discuss your tuberculosis status.